Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Why do we need a google account to leave a comment?


Many people are not familiar with blogspot.com, nor was I a month ago.


But when friend created her site I became excited for her and became a follower.
When I went to leave a post on her site I discovered that I needed an account with google. Fortunately, I already had a google email account so I didn't think anything of it.


But now I have my own website and perhaps there are those of you who would like to leave a comment but do not have a google account.


Google is the sponsor of blogspot.com and allows thousands, maybe hundreds of thousands of us, to create sites for free and post our blogs to all our friends and families and visitors. In return for this service, it appears they want people viewing the sites to register with them.


I assure you that if you create an account with google you do not ever have to use an email account through them, you do not receive spam mail, they will not sell your information and you do not have to use the name you registered when you post a blog, as there is an option to do so anonymously.


So I encourage all my visitors to please feel comfortable registering and know that I would not ask you to do something that I have not already done myself.


Thanks

No comments: