Friday, October 24, 2008

No More Panic Attacks


Sometimes I become so exhausted from the work involved with taking care of a home and tending to all the children's needs that I find myself easily triggered into panic attacks. I didn't know what was happening at first. My breathing would become short, my heart would race and I could feel my blood pressure increase. Sometimes I even felt dizzy and faint.

Once I identified that it was anxiety and panic that I was feeling I started to try several things to help relieve the anxiety.

Three things that work for me are:

1) Becoming familiar with my local health food store: I take multi-vitamins regularly and have found other calming blends. I also taking St. John's Wort and use a few drops of Homeopathic Rescue Remedy when I feel a panic attacking coming on.

2) Reduce stress immediately: When I feel anxiety, I find a quiet spot to sit down away from all distractions and count down from 10-1. Often times I say a prayer or an affirmation afterwards.

3) Talking to a qualified life coach and/or therapist: Finding a good support system can help you with anxiety issues and help you make decisions to bring more happiness to your life.

4) There are many programs out there to help people with anxiety. Click Here! for more information.

If you also battle with feelings of anxiety what is one thing you can do before you lay your head on your pillow tonight to help relieve your anxiety?

What is something you can do by the end of the week?

What obstacles to you expect might get in your way of reducing your anxiety?

What plan can you have in place to overcome these obstacles when and if they appear?

1 comment:

Susan Gammage said...

My favorite tools are Bach Flower Remedies (especially Rescue Remedy) and an essential oil called "Peace and Calming". I never leave home without these two things in my purse.