Tuesday, October 21, 2008

A Poem for Mothers


At the library yesterday, my daughter and I found this poem in a children's book called
"About Face."

Face to face
eye to eye
heart to heart
as the days go by.

You see me,
I see you---
that's how we learn
just what to do:
to love and to listen
day after day,
just you and me
in our own special way.

Hear to heart,
eye to eye,
face to face,
as the years go by.

This simple poems stirs up such a strong emotion of gratitude that I feel for being a mother. Reading it yesterday reminded me of how fast time goes by and how important it is to make the most of it every day. I sat with my daughter on my lap the library and read with her for about 15 mintues. She snuggled right in to me and I saw it was just what she and I needed to show in our own special way our appreciation for each other.
What special moments have you had with your children that you would like to share?
Please post a comment and share a story.

1 comment:

Susan Gammage said...

When my son got to be too old to cuddle, the best times for good conversation were in the car, so I liked to take long drives, just to have him all to myself.